Updated August 12, 2016
1. Information We Collect. When you download and use the Apps, we collect the following types of information:
(b) General Information: General Information consists of information that is anonymous in nature and does not identify you as an individual. When you utilize one of the Apps, our server automatically records certain information, which is sent by your computer or mobile device and stored in log files. This includes your computer IP address, unique mobile device identifier, browser type, ISP or carrier name, and similar data. We use this information for statistical and other internal business purposes.
(c) Usage Information: We also collect information regarding the manner in which users utilize our Apps, such as application version, device manufacturer and OS version, session start/stop time, language used, launch time, selected theme, Apple watch start, new transactions, and other statistical information. We use the Flurry Analytics tool in order to develop and analyze how users use certain of the services we provide. Flurry may use information on how you use the Apps to help us gain insights on how our users use our products. We use this information to ensure that our products continue to appeal to our users, and for a number of other purposes, including auditing, research, and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our apps; ensuring the technical functioning of our apps; and developing new products. Visit https://developer.yahoo.com/flurry/end-user-opt-out/ to learn how to opt out of being tracked by Flurry.
The Money Pro App stores certain data in the public iCloud database if Family Cloud Sync is activated. You can share access to your data by sharing invitation codes. The invitation codes open access to your data to the users who receive your codes. Please use secure means for sharing your invitation codes. See Section 3 to learn how we protect this information.
(e) Information for Direct Connect. Certain Apps, such as Checkbook HD and Money, provide users with the ability to download financial account data directly from financial institutions by using the Open Financial Exchange (OFX) protocol. These Apps will request you to provide your username and password for the financial institution, and transmits this information directly to the financial institution over an encrypted SSL connection. Once your identity has been verified, the Apps download your account data over the same encrypted connection. Your username and password do not pass through iBear servers at any point in time. Once a successful connection has been made, the Apps save your username in the current user profile and securely save your password in the iOS Keychain (iOS versions). The Keychain is a tool that is built into the iOS operating system that provides secure, encrypted storage for sensitive information such as passwords. These details are recorded so that you are not required to enter them each time you download account data from your financial institution.
(a) Affiliates: We have established relationships with other companies (“Affiliates”) for them to offer their products or other information through links presented in some of the Apps, and we may share some of your information with that Affiliate if you elect to click on one of those links. Note that should a link take you away from the App you are using, you will be subject to the privacy practices of the company that provided the link.
3. How We Protect Information. We understand the importance of keeping your information safe and secure. We make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information and ensure the security of our systems. We employ certain methods for protecting your data including encryption of the data stored in the public iCloud database. The encryption keys for your data are stored on your device. We do not have access to your encryption keys. Certain data may be stored unencrypted for the purpose of sending push notifications. Such data is anonymized and includes date, time, amount and type of the transaction along with a unique anonymized user identifier. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. We cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We cannot assume responsibility or liability for unauthorized access to our servers and systems.
4. How Long We Keep Information. We retain PII for as long as necessary to fulfill a business purpose or comply with a legal request. We may also choose to anonymize certain of the information you provide to us so that it can no longer be attributed to you if we would like to retain it for longer periods of time.
5. International Transfer. We may transfer information that we collect about you to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. and the use and disclosure of information about you, including personal information, as described in this Policy.
6. Children under 13. Our Apps are not intended for users under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a person submitting information is under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. According to our Terms of Service, all users represent that they are at least 13.
341 SkiWay, suite 201
Incline Village, Nevada, 89450