Updated August 12, 2016
There are additional privacy policies that are associated with the following iBear mobile applications, which can be viewed on their associated websites:
1. Information We Collect. We collect two basic types of information:
(a) Personally identifiable information (PII): PII is information that personally identifies one individual from another. You voluntarily provide this information to us when you sign up to interact with us on the Site. The information we request you to provide includes your full name, username, email address, and password. If you choose to establish an account, you may add additional information to enhance your profile. Any information you elect to add to your profile is entirely voluntary, but may be viewable by other Users.
We may create and host a public discussion Forum and Blog for our users and the general public. Any information disclosed in these areas is deemed public information and each user is responsible for and should exercise caution when disclosing personal information on these Forum/Blogs. We are not responsible for any such information disclosed or any action taken as a result of the disclosed information.
When you log on to your account, we will record your IP address and/or unique mobile device identifier and may tie it to your specific account. Under ordinary circumstances, an IP address recorded in isolation is not PII under the standard definition of the term. However, it may become PII when it is combined with other information, as in this case.
(b) General Information: General Information consists of information that is anonymous in nature and does not identify you as an individual. When you access our Site, our server automatically records certain information, which is sent by your browser type and stored in log files. This includes your computer IP address (when not tied to your particular account), unique mobile device identifier, browser type, ISP or carrier name, time/date stamp and the URL of the last webpage you visited before visiting our Site.
We use the General Information we collect from you to gain insights on how our users use our site and our other products. We use this information to ensure that our service continues to appeal to our users, and for a number of other purposes, including auditing, research, and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services; ensuring the technical functioning of our services; and developing new services.
(a) We may provide some PII and General Information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other businesses or persons for the purpose of processing and/or storing such information on our behalf. We necessarily have to share your PII with such third parties as may be required to perform their functions. We require that these parties process such information with due diligence. We also use reasonable efforts to limit their use of such information and to use other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
(b) If requested or required by law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We also may disclose your PII to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
(c) In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these business transfers, customer information, including PII, is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if all or substantially all of our business assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter into bankruptcy, customer information (including your PII), would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any assets may continue to be used according to your PII as set forth in this policy.
4. How We Protect Information. We understand the importance of keeping your information safe and secure. We make efforts to protect your personal information and ensure the security of our systems. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. We cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We cannot assume responsibility or liability for unauthorized access to our servers and systems.
5. How Long We Keep Information. We retain PII for as long as necessary to fulfill a business purpose or comply with a legal request. We may also choose to anonymize certain of the information you provide to us so that it can no longer be attributed to you if we would like to retain it for longer periods of time.
6. International Transfer. We may transfer information that we collect about you to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. and the use and disclosure of information about you, including personal information, as described in this Policy.
7. Tracking Technology and Do-Not-Track Requests. We employ certain technologies such as Google Analytics that enable us to track your online activities on our website over time, and to a certain extent across third-party websites. We offer no response to browser Do-Not-Track requests, but you can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to this Site by disabling cookies on your browser. Keep in mind, however, that we have no control over the activities of third parties, and they may employ such technology that tracks your activity on this site. Because we do not employ tracking technology, we offer no response to Do-Not-Track requests transmitted by Web browsers.
8. Children under 13. Our service is not intended for users under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a person submitting information is under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. According to our Terms of Service, all users represent that they are at least 13.
Further in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) be advised that there is no identity verification requirement to access this site, and all users can visit this site anonymously, but users must register on the Site in order to communicate with us regarding our mobile applications.
341 SkiWay, suite 201
Incline Village, Nevada, 89450